Flaunting my undiEs.

yee yee yaay yaay...bullshit!

Friday, July 27, 2007

Pieces

I made the BIGGEST mistake of my life. The Recharge Revelation is on 27th...

.
..
...

OCTOBER !

bwahahahahaha. yay~!!! *someone throws eggs & tomatoes*

______

On the other hand, I think I've made a good choice by entering VoicesMMU - The English Debate Society in campus.

WOO-HOO! wow~ it's so not me. =P

hohohoho, what's your first thought when you hear ' debate ' ?
I used to think that only nerds and kiasu-s of OMG-it's-MEGASALES-wtf are the ones in the debate teams usually.
Not until yesterday night had I known how fun debates could be. ;)

I joined VoicesMMU 'cuz ... the society-promoters(students) praised my English when I kena tangkap by them as I catwalked wtf passing by their booth, and asked if i were interested to join the debate team.
Ok, I'm flattered BUT I know I still need lots and lots of improvement.
They're providing training classes twice a week. :D

During last night's class, I was and still truly amazed by how they talked to each other and debated. So pro- sial !
So happy that I could finally practice some proper English speaking now.
It's something natural for me.
Seriously, if you're not speaking proper/acceptable English to me, I'll do the same.
It's something natural for me. If you have some slang in your language, I will too!
English or Mandarin, sama!

Yup, I can say all of them were using English. NOT Manglish nor Singlish. hmph! hmph!
Everyone was automatically required to participate in the game - the real debate. And the juniors had to present their arguments.
When the society's president, Kandahar - a mid-east Asian I think, gave some briefing and explanation of what's all about, immediately I thought of my lecturer's teachings in CriticalThinking & ProblemSolving. The concepts are almost just the same - the power of strong, valid arguments.

Although it's kinda tense during the debate, I couldn't stop the joy I'm still having. 'cuz there's just non-stop talking, laughing, arguing and more importantly knowing new friends. =D

The judge. He could be a real bitch, and you might wanna put some glue on his chair. haha, but he's great i tell you. Imagine you have to jot down every little details that every debater presents, knowing if the arguments were strong or weak or out of order. And to value the arguments and the debaters themselves.

You speak, while he has his ears listen carefully + non-stopping hand jotting down things + a real multitasking brain... until the end of the debate.

Salute !

Here's what many told me : Have good structured arguments/ideas and keep asking yourself why, why and why. Even if you didn't even have a clue about the topic, bullshit it but your arguments gotta be valid and good enough. =D


Scary...
but FUN ! ;)

YET! aku punya badan sini sakit sana sakit. T______T
ALL because I learnt how to swim freestyle ... finally, on Wednesday.
Organized by MMU's SwimClub, we will main air wtf Bkt.Jalil's pool on Wednesdays' evening until the beautifully built pool in campus opens.

*dances*

I am not showing off or flaunting my 'happenings'... Honestly, I'm not.
I appreciate what's in my life now. I appreciate the interactions between individuals and groups. I don't find myself reluctant to go classes, 'cuz there are many new things to learn and to discover everyday. I'm kinda happy when I keep myself busy. I feel warm when I read or hear something heartening.

Read my good friend, Clem's blog. His recent entries made my tears dropped. T____T

Eddy's leaving for London in 2 weeks time, in which he will be there studying for about 2 years. SuetLi's another one leaving for USA soon - 4 years.
I kept thinking how will these 2 friends of mine, who're gonna be at total different environment, change by the time we meet after a few years.

Hahaha. For now, they are missing the friends here and Malaysian food already.
For next...... I'm hoping no matter how their lives are gonna be at the other part of the world, they will take good care of themselves and still remember the people here - whom all always remember they two.

I wish them everything the best, love. <3

and now, Ian Tikus told me he's leaving for Melbourne next year or the year after. I'm speechless, but to hide my kegeram-ness and sadness inside.


damn, there isn't once when I won't be emotional in my blog entries so far.
I need a psychologist or a philosopher, so I could clear the twisting doubts.

3 Comments:

Blogger VHanded Cheepeng said...

I feel fun when see them arguing for a small matter, but they can extract points and hit the opponent very bad very bad, and see how the opponent defense the sharp point words... it's fun when you have that skills!

Saturday, July 28, 2007 10:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

debate sounds funnnnn. but i've never been a good speaker lol.

Sunday, July 29, 2007 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger kyzn.kaze said...

vhanded and clem : VERY FUN INDEED! hahahaha. i've never join any debate before, and i went for my first league last two days. My head's gona burst! It was SO tensed when the rest of the debaters were freaking fluent in English, even the typical looking-malays! @_@ but i'm glad as the seniors tunjuk ajar a lot. hehe.

Monday, July 30, 2007 4:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home